02 April 2011

Dog Tired

It has been an exhausting week for me. My 'illness' reared its ugly head in fine form and my darling husband (DH) headed interstate for work. It reminded me of the following:

1) Truly NOTHING is that important that it can't wait until tomorrow if it means you can spend more time cuddling on the couch with the kids.

2) One of the biggest lessons of my life is to make easy dinners that the kids love and your conscience can live with. This significantly reduces the opportunity to yell.

3) Let the kids in on your little secrets. "Mummy is here alone and finding it a little bit tough.  So I need your help to make sure we get everything done so we can get to school on time. Do you think you can help me by ...?"

4) Life is about love and kindness - from friends, to yourself, and for your children.

Just had to get that out. *sigh* Now I can get back to cooking dinner.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment